This year, Korean Pop music transcended boundaries and took the world by storm. Cover songs, parodies, and "do-it-yourself" music videos from all genres entertained us in countries near and far. And you participated in conversations at a global scale, uploading videos to share ideas on everything from nonprofit campaigns, to political satire, to new and surprising voices and talents. Plus, all over the world, you tuned in for the most up-to-date news footage of presidential elections, natural disasters and more.
2012 has been a big year for YouTube. You’ve been watching over 4 billion hours of video a month. Millions of creators are using YouTube channels to experiment with innovative forms of entertainment, explore their passions and interests, and take creativity and pop culture to new levels. 2012’s top trending videos showcase this creative ingenuity in ways we'd never before thought possible.
Check out the YouTube Rewind channel to explore the trending videos of the year in your country. Globally, here’s what we were all talking about in 2012:
Top Trending YouTube Videos:
- PSY - GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일) M/V
- Somebody That I Used to Know - Walk off the Earth (Gotye - Cover)
- KONY 2012
- "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen - Feat. Justin Bieber, Selena, Ashley Tisdale & MORE!
- Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Epic Rap Battles Of History Season 2.
- A DRAMATIC SURPRISE ON A QUIET SQUARE
- WHY YOU ASKING ALL THEM QUESTIONS? .. #FCHW
- Dubstep Violin- Lindsey Stirling- Crystallize
- Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen.
- Felix Baumgartner's supersonic freefall from 128k' - Mission Highlights
Kevin Allocca, YouTube trends manager, recently watched "Interactive Timeline: YouTube Rewind 2012"