A bunch of top creators agree. In honor of Voter Registration Day, they’ve put together their own videos about why it’s important to cast your vote on November 6 -- and why it’s important to register today.
For example, Nerdfighter extraordinaire Hank Green created this appeal which already has more than 150,000 views:
And SoundlyAwake is making his voice -- err, make that voices -- heard on the issue:
You can view these videos and more on the YouTube homepage and our YouTube Politics channel today.
You can also use your own channel and videos to encourage voter registration by using our new Voter Registration annotation. It functions just like a normal annotation but allows you to link out to www.google.com/elections/vote, a dedicated page where you and your subscribers can register to vote.
You can add this annotation to a video in a few easy steps:
- Go to Edit Video on any of your uploads
- At the top of the page, you'll see a tab marked Annotation (fourth tab)
- Click "Add Annotation" and select "Cause" at the bottom of the list
- Under "Select a Cause" choose "Register to Vote"
- Choose the times you want it to appear and click "Save"
Join other members of the YouTube community to make sure everyone’s voice is heard on Election Day this year.
Ramya Raghavan, News and Politics Manager, recently watched “#WeWill Rock the Vote”.