When you enable Docs offline in Google Drive, you can create & edit Google documents and view Google spreadsheets, without being connected to the internet. Today we updated the offline experience so it looks the same as when you’re online - except it’s filtered to show just your offline docs. Here’s an extra tip: if you want to preview which files are available offline, select More > Offline Docs in the left navigation pane while you’re still connected to the web. This update will roll out to all Drive users over the next few days.
In the past month we’ve also made several other improvements like:
- updates to Google Apps Script including a standalone script editor, the ability to create richer user interfaces, options to easily store your application’s data, and support for publishing scripts to the Chrome Web Store
- expanded language support in the documents and presentations spellchecker to include German, French and Italian
- the ability to print documents, spreadsheets, and presentations to any cloud connected printer with Google Cloud Print from any browser
- up to 400pt font support in documents and presentations
- copying and pasting images from your desktop into a document or presentation
- an easy way to edit or open links from text by right clicking on them