Everyday on the CitizenTube channel (and @CitizenTube on Twitter), along with our curation partners @storyful, we look at how the top news stories are covered on YouTube. Each week we post a weekly recap of the top news stories of the week, as seen through the lens of both citizen-reported footage and professional news coverage.
- We watched President Obama make a short trip to Afghanistan on the anniversary of Bin Laden's death, only for seven to be killed in a Kabul explosion just hours after he left.
- We saw a sit-in protest in Cairo come under attack by unknown assailants, leading to nine deaths.
- We monitored labour groups hold marches across the world to mark May Day, or International Workers' Day.
- We viewed a shining beacon of light in the United Arab Emirates, but not in the way anyone would have liked, as a fire enveloped the Al Tayer Tower.
- We followed the GOP candidates on another memorable day on the US campaign trail, as Newt Gingrich released a YouTube video announcing his withdrawal.
- We observed police in Malaysia use tear gas and water-cannons to confront protesters calling for reform.
- We saw shock in the French city of Toulouse as an F1 tornado landed nearby, damaging roofs and uprooting trees.
- We witnessed a tragic death in St. Louis as the city endured a powerful storm that brought baseball-sized hail.
- We watched Edward Munch's world famous painting, "The Scream", break records with a $119 million sale at a Sotheby's auction.
Come back to watch the news unfold on YouTube.
Olivia Ma, YouTube News & Politics, recently watched "Large Hail Hits Maryland Heights 04/28/12".