To use these new fonts, click on the font menu and select “Add fonts” at the very bottom, which will take you to a menu of all the Google Web Fonts available.
Once you’ve selected new fonts, you’ll be able to select them from the font menu.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect font for your first comic book or fancy handwriting for your wedding invitations, we hope you try out the new fonts and create some eye-catching documents.
In addition to hundreds of new fonts, we have a lot of other exciting updates to report:
- Google Drive launched as a place where you can create, share, collaborate, and keep all your stuff.
- There are now a few more options for inserting images in Docs, including inserting from Google Drive, searching for images from the LIFE Photo archive, or taking a snapshot with your webcam.
- Charts in spreadsheets now has support for minor gridlines and options to customize the formats of axis labels
- Accessibility in Docs got better with support for screenreaders in presentations and with the addition of NVDA to our list of supported screenreaders.
- From File > Page setup... you can now set the default page size for your new documents.
- It's now easier for speakers of right-to-left languages by automatically showing bidirectional controls when you type in a language that might use them.
- Apps Script had many improvements, including
- A new ScriptService for programmatically publishing your scripts and controlling when they run.
- A new function to find the root folder of someone’s Drive.
- An increase in the allowed attachment size in emails from 5MB to 25MB.
- An increase in the size of docs files you can create from 2MB to 50MB.
- There are now over 60 new templates in our template gallery.