- We saw record flooding in New South Wales and Northern Victoria force the evacuation of thousands from their homes in the region.
- We observed a high-ranking defection in the Syrian government, as deputy Oil Minister Abdo Hussameldin quit his post saying he could not go on "serving the crimes of this regime."
- We watched Vladimir Putin secure the presidency of Russia for a third time, amid heavy protests at alleged electoral fraud.
- We were pummeled by a geomagnetic storm of charged particles after two unusually large solar flares erupted from the sun.
- We followed the GOP candidates during one of the high points of the US campaign trail: Super Tuesday. Of the ten states on offer, Mitt Romney took six, Rick Santorum took three and Newt Gingrich took one.
- We watched protesters rally against possible military action in Iran, as Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu held talks with in Washington DC with President Barack Obama.
- We witnessed fast-moving twisters devastate America's heartland as homes, school buildings and as prison were destroyed by the powerful tornadoes.
- We marked International Women's Day with a variety of profiles, messages, and historical facts on women that were uploaded to YouTube for the occasion.
- And finally, we waited eagerly with the rest of the world to see what exactly Apple had up their sleeve at the unveiling of the new iPad.
Come back next week to see the news unfold on YouTube.
Olivia Ma, YouTube News and Politics, recently watched "Two massive solar flares erupt from the sun."