Rounding out the top five commercials of the big game are spots from Chrysler Group, Bud Light, Chevy Silverado and Doritos:
2. Chrysler Group “Halftime in America”
3. Bud Light “Rescue Dog”
4. Chevy Silverado “2012”
5. Doritos “Man's Best Friend”
Give me the stats!
In its fifth year running, YouTube Ad Blitz has already surpassed previous years with 133M views from fans worldwide, up 43 percent from last year (as of Sunday, 2/12)...and still counting! In fact, during game time roughly 6 percent of all U.S. YouTube traffic came from people watching Super Bowl commercials on Ad Blitz.
The days that saw the highest volume of views were Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, making up 82 percent of total views received over the week. And it wasn’t just fans in the states seeking out the commercials — nearly 18 percent of all views came from outside of the U.S. Other interesting stats include:
- The most popular ads drove the majority of views - 65 percent of video views came from the top ten commercials.
- Google searches related to [Super Bowl commercials] peaked on Monday, but continued through the rest of the week.
- More than 32 percent of all mobile votes occurred on Tablet devices, our first year running Ad Blitz on a tablet-optimized channel.
Tune into the YouTube homepage today to check out the top five spots!
Mike Yapp, director, YouTube Creative Content, recently watched “The Jeremy Lin Show at MSG!”