A few months ago, we launched top of page bid estimates to provide additional assistance in optimizing your ads to show above the search results. Today, we wanted to let you know about ways to more easily and scalably take action on these bid estimates, now that they’re supported by Automated Rules and AdWords Editor 9.7.1.
Setting up top of page bid rules with Automated Rules
You can use automated rules with top of page bid estimates to raise the bids of your keywords to the recommended top of page bid, and run this rule on a daily basis.
To create this rule:
- Click All online campaigns in the left panel of your AdWords account.
- Click the Keywords tab.
- Click the Automate button, and select “Raise bids to top of page CPC when..." from the drop-down.
- Fill out the form as desired.
Note: Be sure to specify a maximum bid, In addition, you might want to only raise bids for keywords that have a good quality score (for example, Quality score >= 6), so as not to bid up keywords that need to be optimized.
What you can do in AdWords Editor 9.7.1
AdWords Editor 9.7.1 launched last week with support for managing bids based on top of page bid estimates. New functionality was added to allow:
- Viewing “Top of page bid estimates” on the Keywords tab
- Raising bids to “Top of page bid estimates” using Advanced bid changes
- Filtering keywords based on “Top of page bid estimates” within Advanced Search and “Find duplicates”